Hinson Clutch Components
Minimum Advertised Price Policy
Hinson Clutch Components sells the best clutch components available in the world for sport bikes, ATVs, and off-road motorcycles. In order to protect our brand and preserve our reputation and to maintain the premium image of our products, Hinson Clutch Components is unilaterally adopting this Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy for Hinson Clutch Components products. This policy applies to any reseller who markets Hinson Clutch Components on the internet for sale to end users located in the United States and Canada and becomes effective February 1, 2017.
This policy applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which Hinson Clutch Components products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer. Resellers remain free to sell these products at any prices they choose.
This policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in-store and not distributed to any customer(s).
- Hinson Clutch Components has established Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (“MSRP”) for its products. These prices are available at http://hinsonracing.com/price-list/. Except as expressly permitted by this policy, all products advertised for sale on any reseller’s website must be advertised at MSRP. Hinson Clutch Components reserves the right to change the MSRP for its products from time-to-time upon notice to Resellers.
- Website features that indicate or imply a lower price may be found at the online checkout stage are prohibited. Examples of such features include, but are not limited to:
- “Click here for lower price”
- “See Price In Cart”
- “Log-in for price”
- “Add to Cart for Lower Price”
- “Check Cart for Lower Price”
- “Mouse over for Price”
- “Email for a better Price”
- “Call for Lower Price” or “Call for Price”
and any other feature that Hinson Clutch Components determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this policy.
- Internet auctions may not display or have reserved bid or other acceptable prices less than MSRP.
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products with a product covered by this policy is prohibited if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered Hinson Clutch Component product below the MSRP.
- This policy does not prohibit the following promotions or incentives so long as they apply to all products offered on a reseller’s website and not only to Hinson Clutch Components products.:
- Free shipping
- Promotion or coupon codes which are applied on the checkout page
- Site-wide discounts, so long as such promotions are for a limited time (e.g. Black Friday, Cyber Monday, anniversary sale, etc.)
- From time to time, Hinson Clutch Components may choose to offer special promotions on certain products. In that event, we reserve the right to modify or suspend this policy in whole or in part by notifying all Resellers of the duration and nature of the change. Hinson Clutch Components further reserves the right to adjust the MSRP for some or all of its products at its sole discretion.
- This policy does not require resellers to advertise prices on their websites, nor does it establish maximum advertised prices.
- Distributors must supply a copy of this policy to any new or existing reseller.
- Failure to abide by this policy will result in sanctions unilaterally imposed by Hinson Clutch Components as determined by Hinson Clutch Components in its sole discretion and may include indefinite termination of further purchases of Hinson Clutch Component products.
- Hinson Clutch Components reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.
All questions about this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, who will respond only in writing. No oral communications about this MAP Policy are authorized. No response will be made to any communication by one Reseller concerning the activities of another. The MAP administrator shall be solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the policy has occurred, communicating decisions to Resellers regarding the policy, and receiving any communications regarding sanctions imposed under this MAP Policy. No other employee or sales representative of Hinson Clutch Components has any authority to discuss, modify or grant exceptions to this policy, and any such representation or action by any other employee or sales representative is unauthorized and invalid.